Purpose-built SoC consumes 40% less power and volume for 800G AECs
AECs Built with the New Point2 Purpose-Built SoC Consume 40% Less Power and 40% Less Cable Volume to Accelerate the Era of Energy Efficient and Sustainable Datacenters.
The P1B120 mixed-signal SoC integrates eight-unidirectional serial data channels with clock data recovery (CDR)/re-timer functions that support 112G (PAM4) or 56G (NRZ) data rates. The advanced mixed-signal architecture with BER-aware signal processing produces pre-FEC BER that is one order of magnitude better than other AEC IC solutions, leading to improved mean time before failure (MTBF) for deployed devices. The on-chip intelligent engine provides self-diagnostic capabilities during AEC development and field servicing. Combined with improved MTBF, the P1B120 delivers AECs with best-in-class network quality of service for deployed devices. The P1B120 is an ideal cloud-connect solution for DDCs data centers, enterprise networks and edge cloud use cases.
P1B120 SoC Key Features
- Designed for 400G/800G/1600G AECs
- 8x uni-directional data channels with 112 Gbps PAM4 per channel
- Cloud-optimized SoC solution with programmable low-power and high-performance modes
- Low power consumption at 2.0W
- Superior signal quality at 10-8 BER (pre-FEC)
- Intelligent diagnostics to ensure network reliability, availability and serviceability
- Serializer (TX) with programmable FIR filter and pre-emphasis
- De-serializer (RX) with programmable continuous time linear equalizer (CTLE) and decision-feedback equalizer (DFE) to mitigate Rx channel loss
- Low sensitivity and adjustable data sampler threshold levels
- Programmable TX output swing
- Industrial temperature range: -40 oC to 120 oC
- Available in a 256-FCCSP, 7 mm x 7 mm, 0.4 mm ball pitch package